Salem Water Department
2018 - The City is still concerned about water this year.
The restrictions are as follows:
As always, NO outside watering is allowed from 10:00 am-6:00 pm on any day.
This one right now is on a voluntary basis. We hope our residents will follow the recommended watering schedule to help conserve the water. We are requesting our residents to water their yards every other day. This rotation will have you watering three to four times a week as a maximum. If your house number is an odd number, you will water on odd calendar days. If your house number is an even number, you will water on even calendar days. We recognize that we will have a hiccup with those months that have 31 days (May, July, Aug). We are asking that the 31st of those months be recognized as a NO WATER DAY. The City will send out reminders as those days approach. We will inform our citizens if we find that greater restrictions are necessary.
Click here for a copy of the Pressure Irrigation Water Service Ordinance.
CONSERVE WATERSalem residents need to conserve water. Below are some tips on saving water and some websites that will give information on saving our precious and finite water supply.
General Tips for Saving Water• Check faucets, toilets, and pipes for leaks.
• Install water saving shower heads, faucets.
• Run dishwasher and clothes washer with full loads, or adjust machine water level.
• Turn off water while brushing teeth, shaving, washing face, etc.
• Don't use toilet for trash.
• Take short showers instead of baths.
• Water outdoors in coolest part of day (usually early morning or evening).
• Only water your lawn when it needs it (step on lawn-- if it bounces back it doesn't need water).
• Plant drought resistant plants; plant less grass.
• Use mulch to help plants retain moisture.
• Do not use water to "sweep" driveways or sidewalks.
• Don't leave water on constantly when washing your car.
• Save rainwater, use later for outdoor watering.
CLICK HERE to go to the Slow the Flow website.
CLICK HERE to go to the Conserve Water Utah website.