Salem Water Department
The City is very concerned about the availability of water this year, so additional water restrictions were approved at the last City Council Meeting.
The restrictions are as follows:
NO outside watering between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
NO watering on Tuesdays.
NO watering for residents on Fridays. (City parks, businesses, schools, and churches are allowed to water on Fridays.)
NO watering for City parks, businesses, schools, and churches on Saturdays. (Residents are allowed to water on Saturdays.)
No exceptions will be made for these restrictions.
These restrictions will be strictly enforced! Please conserve water so additional water restrictions will not be needed.
Click here for a copy of the Pressure Irrigation Water Service Ordinance.
CONSERVE WATERSalem residents need to conserve water. Below are some tips on saving water and some websites that will give information on saving our precious and finite water supply.
General Tips for Saving Water• Check faucets, toilets, and pipes for leaks.
• Install water saving shower heads, faucets.
• Run dishwasher and clothes washer with full loads, or adjust machine water level.
• Turn off water while brushing teeth, shaving, washing face, etc.
• Don't use toilet for trash.
• Take short showers instead of baths.
• Water outdoors in coolest part of day (usually early morning or evening).
• Only water your lawn when it needs it (step on lawn-- if it bounces back it doesn't need water).
• Plant drought resistant plants; plant less grass.
• Use mulch to help plants retain moisture.
• Do not use water to "sweep" driveways or sidewalks.
• Don't leave water on constantly when washing your car.
• Save rainwater, use later for outdoor watering.
CLICK HERE to go to the Slow the Flow website.
CLICK HERE to go to the Conserve Water Utah website.