If you would like a public tour of the fire department for a school class, scout group, or other group, please send an email to: email@example.com
Please include in the email, the date and time requested, number of kids and leaders who will be in the tour, and your contact information.
Salem Fire Department
Salem City Fire Department
Volunteers needed for the Fire Department! Apply at City Office
Scheduled Meetings: 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month, at 7:00 p.m.
CLICK HERE for a copy of the article in the Straight Tip from UFRA about the Salem City Fire Department.
Open Burn (Burn Permit)
You must complete an application in order to obtain a burn permit.
The Division of Air Quality has once again set the open burn period for Utah county for March 30 - May 30. This open burning allows residents to burn clippings, bushes, plants, and prunings from trees incident to property clean-up activities. Burn permits are available at http:www.airquality.utah.gov/aqp/OpenBurning/form/index.php or call Utah Air Quality for information at 801-536-4000.
Please note the following rules apply to the open burn:
The Division of Air Quality has set new burn period for Utah County. The Open Burn Periods
for Utah County is now March 30, to May 30 and September 15 thru October 31. This
open burning allows residents to burn clippings, bushes, plants, and pruning’s from trees
incident to property clean-up activities providing that the following conditions are met:
1. No trash, rubbish, tires, plastic, petroleum products, or oils are used to start fires or
included in the material to be burned. NO burning of Leaves.
2. Materials to be burned are thoroughly dry.
3. Clearing index must be above 500 feet. Call 801-374-BURN to find out if it is a burn day.
If it is not a burn day then you cannot burn.
4. Salem Fire Department shall be notified prior to burning.
5. Burning shall not be conducted within 50 feet of any structure or combustible material.
6. Have all vegetation cleared within a 10 feet radius of fire.
7. Have a garden hose connected to a water supply or approved fire-extinguishing
8. Burning material shall be constantly attended by a person knowledgeable in fire
extinguishing equipment and remain until the fire has been extinguished.
9. No burning at night. Fires must be completely out, no smoldering fire.
10. Any fire that creates a hazardous or objectionable situation may be required to be
We would ask if you were planning to burn that you would be considerate of your neighbors, be aware of smoke drifting towards and in your neighbors’ homes. If the fire department is asked to respond, and if it is determined that the fire is a nuisance, the fire department will extinguish the fire.
If you have any question, please call: Salem Police Department: 801-423-2312.