Salem Days Dutch Oven Cook Off
Dutch oven Cook Off, Saturday, August 3, 2013 Salem Community CenterClick Here for entry form.
Check In: 12:00 noon
Judging: Beginning 4:00pm
Categories: Main Dish/Bread/Dessert/ Boy Scout Troup: Full Meal
Contact Greg Brindley, 801-423-1340
DUTCH OVEN COOK OFF
No Entry Fee- PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED
Date:………………….….. Saturday, August 3, 2013
Place:……………………... Salem Community Center
151 W 300 S
Time:…………………….. …… Check In: 12:00 p.m.
Judging: Beginning 4:00 p.m. through 5:00 p.m.
Award Presentation: After Judging is completed
Categories: ………….Main Dish/Bread/Desert
Boy Scout Troop: Full Meal
(See additional rules for Scouts below)
Committee: Greg & Heather Brindley, Gary & Becky Warner
1.. Each team must consist of at least one adult.
2. Contestants may participate in one or both categories (main dish, bread or desert) the Scout competition requires a complete meal.
3. Contestants must provide the judges and committee with recipes of entries. Recipes should be typed or printed plainly on an 8 1/2 “ x 11" paper. They should include all ingredients and complete instructions on how to prepare them. Outside the realm of copyright, the recipes become the property of the cook-off for subsequent publication in cook-off cookbooks or publicity.
4. Ingredients cannot be of a precooked nature (e.g, wieners and spam). All entry ingredients must be prepared on site. No pre-mixing or preparation off site of any ingredient.
5. All ingredients must be cooked in Dutch oven or on Dutch oven lids. If the recipe calls for melting or warming a sauce in a separate pot that is not a Dutch oven that is permitted over the coals.
6. Participating teams are expected to provide their own Dutch ovens, utensils, recipe, ingredients, charcoal or other heat source. Cooking must be done over charcoal.
7. Contestants will present their completed dish to judges at an assigned time beginning at 6:00 p.m. Items to be judged will be brought to the judge’s table in a Dutch oven or on a Dutch oven lid. Only one item per category per team will be judged.
8. The judges will judge the entry when it is presented at the table. The decision of the judges shall be final.
9. Use good fire safety practices.
10. Contestants are asked to exercise care in the cleanliness of their food preparation and cooking. Keep the preparation area and utensils clean. Use a washbasin or wet wipes for hands. Use a cooler for perishables and do not put Dutch oven lids on the ground.
11. Entrants may not be professional cooks.
Contestants will be judged on entry appearance, taste, overall appeal, spectator and judge interaction, cleanliness, and Dutch Oven cooking technique.